At a time when Coronavirus pandemic has limited our mobility and most of us are working from home, it’s important more than ever to stay fit, healthy and motivated.
In the office, a walk after lunch and a short chai break in the evening was a ritual for many but not anymore. So, how do we keep ourselves in good shape while working from home?
Here, we’ve listed 6 simple exercises that you can do without stepping out from your home.
The best part is that you can do all these exercises from the comforts of your home office. These exercises can help you in improving blood circulation, correct posture and keep your weight under control if done regularly.
So, let’s get started.
Chair Leg Raises
- While seated, raise one of your legs.
- Keep it straight by flexing at the hips.
- Stop once it is parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds; then lower it.
- Repeat with the other leg.
Benefit: It strengthens your lower abdomen.
- Stand in front of your chair.
- Bend your knees and lower your butt toward the seat.
- Stand back up.
- Do it 15 times.
Benefit: This one is great for your hamstrings, quads and calves.
- Hold on to the back of your chair.
- Then lift yourself as high as you can on your toes.
- Hold for a few seconds, then release.
Benefit: Performed standing, this will help strengthen your lower legs.
Shoulder Blade Squeeze
- Stand straight and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Hold for a moment; then roll your shoulders back and down.
- Easy, right?
- Now repeat 5 times.
Benefit: It’s an excellent exercise to correct for your posture.
Bench Press (standing)
- Yes, this is little different with books.
- Grab the biggest volume you can find.
- Hold it behind your head.
- Bring it down to your neck; then extend your arms upwards.
Benefit: This is great for your triceps.
- Place both your hands on your desk or bed and walk back to a 45 degrees angle.
- Press down on your arms, then back up.
- Do at least 12 pushups daily
Benefit: It strengthens your arms.
Aren’t these easy and fun to do? Now make these exercises part of your day.
Every time you get stressed. Get up from your seat and start exercising.